Academic Advising Frequently Asked Questions

All degree seeking students are assigned an academic advisor based on their career pathway, last name, and home campus.  Your assigned advisor’s name will be displayed in the BC Navigate system.

Broward College provides all degree-seeking students with a success coach and an academic advisor. Your Student Success Coach is responsible for establishing a welcoming onboarding experience to Broward College by providing comprehensive answers resulting in successful registration in your first term. Your success coach is available to assist you until you are fully registered and paid for your first term.

Once you are fully registered and paid for your first time, you will work with your assigned Academic Advisor. Advisor assists with the exploration of career options, academic requirements, and selection of courses. Broward College assigned Academic Advisor by career pathway, last name, and home campus. To schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor visit MyBC.

Students can schedule appointments with their assigned advisor in BC Navigate.

Directions can be found at:  Advising Appointment

If you are a First Time in College student, the New Student Orientation (NSO) team will help you make your first advising appointment via BC Navigate.

Advising appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes. Please be on time.  If you are 10 or more minutes late, you may be required to reschedule.

Please log into BC Navigate for your advisor’s contact information.

For immediate assistance, please visit the QLess system, and an advisor can assist you. Some services will require an appointment with your assigned advisor.

No, you may seek support at the Academic Success Center (ASC).

You may email your advisor if their calendar is not showing availability for appointments.  If you need immediate assistance and your advisor is unavailable, please consider joining the Qless queue via this link:  Advising Q-less

Although your advisor may be able to advise you about the financial aid block, only financial aid will have access to removing holds.  Please contact the financial aid office to receive assistance at 954-201-2330 or join the financial aid queue using the link below:

 Financial Aid Q-less

You must initiate the request via Dynamic Forms using the “change of program” document. This form can be found at Student Forms under the Advising tab.  Please make an appointment with your advisor if you are considering a program change.

Please click on this link to view detailed step by step instructions on viewing your academic plan Accept Your Academic Plan.

We highly recommend meeting with your advisor at least once per semester or as necessary.

Visit MYBC portal and click on records, then transcript.  Click on the drop-down menu. Select and complete the institutional transcripts request.

The Limited Access Application can be found at Student Forms under the Advising tab. Once completed, it will be sent to your advisor for review and signature.

Official transcripts are typically evaluated within the first term of enrollment provided all completed transcripts are on file. Transfer students must meet with an academic advisor and provide unofficial transcripts before selecting courses.  We highly recommend making an appointment with your assigned advisor to review transcripts.

Please submit your official scores to the Registrar Department. Electronic scores may be sent directly from the college board via this link:  College Board

How do I get more information about graduation?

Make an appointment with your academic advisor during your graduating semester to ensure that you have completed all your required courses to graduate. For graduation information please visit this link: Graduation

Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor to explore transfer options at Broward College or to discuss other transfer institution requirements before your graduating semester. You may also obtain additional information and services via our transfer department by accessing the department link here: Transfer Services


Due to federal law, The Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, states college records cannot be released to anyone without the enrolled student's written permission. Students must complete a FERPA release form to grant access to their designee.